This recipe is extremely simple using minimal ingredients. The saki creates an aromatic sauce that you can’t get enough of when poured over your perfectly seared salmon. Serve with white rice for a great side.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
3 skinless salmon fillets
1/4 cup saki
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sesame seed
1. Mix brown sugar, red pepper, and salt & pepper to create rub. Generously rub salmon fillets. Set aside.
2. Prepare to sauté. Heat oil in a preheated 12″ stainless steel sauté pan.
3. Add ginger, cook for 30 secs.
4. Add salmon to pan & turn enough to avoid burning. Cook till done and remove from pan. Plate the fish.
5. Add saki, sesame oil and seeds, increase heat and reduce the sauce a bit while scraping the goodness from the bottom of the pan.
6. pour sauce over the fish and serve.