I got this recipe online for Flour Bakery’s Blueberry Muffin recipe. I don’t yet have any of Joanne Chang’s cookbooks, but rest assured, I will be getting them soon.
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 ounces butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 18 muffins cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, sour cream, eggs and yolk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold gently with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are mostly moistened. The batter will be lumpy and there will be streaks of flour. Add blueberries
- Using a measuring spoon for scooping, scoop batter into tins. It should be slightly stiff and go up and over the top by about 3/4 inch. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let the tin cool on a rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 18 muffins (or 12 large bakery style muffins)