- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Combine the quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit, covered for 10 more minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- 3 cups packed chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 Kirby or Persian cucumbers, diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- Make the quinoa:
- Remove from the heat and spread over a baking sheet to cool.
- Assemble the salad: Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the parsley, cilantro, mint, cucumbers, tomatoes, and scallions and toss to combine. Add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and serve