This came out amazing.
Very important to toss the berries with the 2 tablespoons of flour, this prevents them from sinking to the bottom, and please do the glaze part, it really makes the cake.
· 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
· 1 2/3 cup sugar
· 3 x large eggs
· 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
· 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
· 3 cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
· 1 tbsp baking powder
· 1 tsp salt
· 3/4 cup buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
· 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
· 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
· 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 cup sugar
1. For the cake, preheat oven to 350 °F and grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and vanilla extract. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. In separate bowl, sift 3 cups all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, starting and finishing with the flour. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl often, for an evenly textured pound cake. Toss berries with remaining 2 Tbsp flour and fold gently into cake batter. Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread to level. Bake on center rack of the oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
2. For syrup, stir lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepot over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. As soon as cake comes out of the oven, pierce holes in it with a skewer and brush with half of the syrup. Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes, then turn it out onto a plate. Poke top of cake with more holes and brush with remaining syrup. Allow to cool before slicing