preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Â· 2 1/4 cups flour
Â· 3/4 cup sugar
Â· 3/4 cup margarine or butter, very cold and cut into slices
Â· 1 egg
Â· 3/4 cup sour cream
Â· 1 teaspoon almond extract
Â· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Â· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Â· 1/4 teaspoon salt
Â· 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
Â· 1/4 cup sugar
Â· 1 egg
Â· 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
Â· 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9-or 10-inch springform pan. In large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar until blended, then cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender, or two table knives, until coarse crumbs form. Reserve I cup crumb mixture.
2. In a small bowl, beat the first egg, then add to it the sour cream, almond extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine thoroughly, then add to the crumb mixture remaining in the bowl, and blend well. Batter will be sticky and thick.
3. Spread batter over bottom and two inches up sides of prepared pan. (Batter will be about 1/4 inch thick.)
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until it easily comes away easily from the beaters. Add 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until well blended. Add the second egg and beat until completely incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl as necessary, and beat mixture until it is completely smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into the batter-lined pan. Carefully spoon preserves over cream cheese mixture. Mix sliced almonds with the 1 cup reserved crumb mixture and sprinkle over preserves.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Great served warm