1 lb (500 g) white chocolate
½ cup (125 mL) mascarpone cheese
2 cups (500 mL) raspberries
One 9-inch (23-cm) prebaked sweet Pastry shell (recipe follows)
1. Bring cream to boil in large pot over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
2. Stir in mascarpone cheese until mixture is smooth and uniform.
3. Pack raspberries in a tight layer over base of tart shell. Pour over chocolate mixture covering berries evenly. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Shave dark chocolate over tart if desired.
1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. Cut the butter into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes.
3. Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Combine egg yolks and lemon juice. Add to flour mixture and blend well.
4. Roll out or pat the pastry until 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Place in a 9-inch (23-cm) flan pan. Trim off excess and prick the pastry with a fork.
5. Bake blind (instructions follow) for 15 minutes in the lower third of the oven. Remove the pie weights. Bake for a further 5 minutes to partially bake the crust. Or another 10 to 15 minutes to fully bake the crust.
To Bake Blind:
Line pastry with foil or parchment paper and fill with beans or pie weights. This ensures an even crust that does not sink down the side of the tart tin or bake unevenly. Bake for 15 minutes, remove weights and bake 5 minutes for partially baked shell (if making in advance) and 10 to 15 minutes for a fully baked one.
Makes enough pastry for one 9-inch (23-cm) or 10-inch (25-cm) single-crust pie.