· 1 cup whole almonds (with skins)
· 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
· 5 tbsp ice cold water
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 3 tbsp whipping cream
· 3 lb. fresh peaches, peeled and halved (10-12 peaches)
· 2 cups fresh raspberries
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 2 tbsp water
· 1 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
· 2/3 cup rolled oats
· 1/3 cup all purpose flour
· 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. For crust, pulse almonds, flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until almonds are finely ground. Add butter and pulse until a rough, crumbly texture. Add water and pulse just until dough comes together. Divide dough in 2 and press into 2 7-inch tart shells. Dock pastry with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Bake shells for 20 minutes, until edges are golden brown and center is dry. Allow to cool while preparing filling.
3. For filling, heat sugar and whipping cream in a large sauté pan over medium high heat until bubbling. Add peach halves and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid that cooks out of peaches thickens and glazes peaches, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Toss with raspberries and chill until praline crumble is prepared.
4. For praline crumble, cook sugar and water in a small saucepot over high heat until it caramelizes, brushing the sides of the pot often with a damp brush. Stir in toasted almonds and pour immediately onto a greased baking sheet. Allow to cool.
5. Break pralined almonds into chunks and place in a food processor. Pulse almonds to grind into a rough texture. Add 1/3 cup oats, flour and melted butter and pulse until a crumbly texture. Add remaining 1/3 cup of oats and pulse briefly to incorporate (but not blend in completely). Spread crumble onto fruit filling and place pie on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until crumble has browned and fruit filling is bubbling.
6. Let pie cool to room temperature before slicing