A delicious, spicy take on your original Italian pesto.
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup shredded Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and a shake of ground black pepper
- Pulse walnuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add basil, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and jalapeno pepper; process until combined. Stream olive oil into basil mixture while food processor is still running until consistency is smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.