2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 pound carrots, grated 4 cups shredded
1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- paper liners in 2 muffin pan I get about 18 large
- Beat the sugar, oil, and eggs together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light yellow. Add the vanilla. In another bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Toss the raisins and walnuts with 1 tablespoon flour. Fold in the carrots and pineapple. Add to the batter and mix well.
- Divide the batter equally between the 2 pans 1/3 cup in each muffin, Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool completely in the pans set over a wire rack.