Makes 12 – 14 cookies
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
¾ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 cups confectioners sugar
1. Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and cream together on medium-high for 2 to 3 minutes, until fluffy and pale yellow in colour.
3. On low speed, add the eggs and vanilla extract, and increase the speed to medium high and beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the sugar fully dissolves and the mixture is a pale white.
4. On low speed, add the flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and shredded coconut. Mix for a minute, until your dough comes together and any remnants of dry ingredients have been incorporated.
5. Pour the confectioners sugar into a bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, form balls of dough, roll them in the sugar and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops have lightly crackled. Remove and allow to cool on a baking rack.